04 March 2008

The Week...So far

It's been a mixed up sort of week...and it's only Tuesday! Late Sunday afternoon it started raining. In the evening we had lightening - kind of unusual for early March in Wisconsin. By Monday morning the rain had turned to sleet and then to snow around 6:30. That made the trip into town to take one of our dogs to the vet rather slippery. But we made it, safe and sound. I opted to to into work later that morning since I had to teach my class both in the afternoon and evening. By the time I got home I was bushed. No stained glass crafting on Monday. And my hands and fingers got the rest they needed.

Today I again opted for a late start to the work day. About half of my afternoon class had decided not to make the drive on Monday because of slippery roads, so I offered a repeat class this afternoon. After work I headed into town to the glass shop and picked up several new pieces in various colors. I have three new projects in mind - an oval with a daffodil, a bluebird, and a basket of apples. Not sure which I'll start with, but am leaning toward the apple one. I do have all three of the patterns cut out and ready to go but didn't do any work on them yet. So...my fingers got one more day of healing (just some nicks). Did manage to get some laundry done before heading to work...wonder if my sister's washing machine is fixed yet...

Tonight I attended Evening Prayer followed by an appointment. Made for another long day, but both these days have been enriching and nourishing in various ways.

Wednesdays are typically my day off and tomorrow I have some special plans...I'll spend some time in the afternoon babysitting Amelia. What a joy that will be! Oh yes, I do plan to do some stained glass work too, so I had better decide which of the three projects will be the first to get cracking on. It will be good to get back to crafting and besides, other than the time I'll be with Amelia, I plan to stay put at home since it's supposed to snow...again! Oh how I long for spring or to be on the Florida beach watching another sunrise like the one pictured top right!!!