07 March 2008

Friday Chatter

Oh darn, duty called today and I had to do some of that dreaded housework. But now the carpets are all shampooed and looking good again. Afterward I went into town to pick up a few things and did make another stop at the Glass Studio for three items...no new glass this time. When I got home, I set to work on finishing the angel I had begun yesterday. It will be a birthday gift for Aunt Peggy. (Picture coming soon as it was too dark outside by the time I finished to get a good shot.)

I was so engrossed in the project that I even forgot to eat lunch! Well, supper was put on hold as well because my daughter called to ask if I could babysit Amelia tonight. She and Ryan wanted to go out to eat, something they hadn't done since Amelia was born...in July! Given the choice between babysitting "Sweet Pea" and eating supper, well, Amelia won out. The little dear slept soundly all the while I was there. Simon was off on a sleep-over birthday party. But he will be coming over tomorrow and staying over night. That's sure to make for an active weekend.

Speaking of an active weekend, it will also be a semi-work weekend as well. Have a four hour morning of reflection at work tomorrow and also have to teach a class on Sunday - but only for one hour. Seems real weekends off are few and far between at times.

By the way, I did take Sara's birthday gift along tonight even though her birthday isn't until tomorrow. She loved the hummingbird and flower sun catcher!



8 March:

Here's the picture of the angel. This one was put together with copper foil and solder. Then a copper patina was put over the solder and shined up with polish.

No comments: