25 March 2008

Photo Album Addition

A new photo album was added this evening (click on the Link at the right). We now have some pictures of our sweet pea, Amelia. She's 8 months old already and growing so fast! Yesterday she came over with mom and papa and she was all smiles. It won't be long before she's walking and talking and getting into Simon's stuff. But that's what little sisters are all about!

Simon spent the weekend with us. He was busy making aliens with his new toy, Martian Matter Alien Maker. I suspect there are nearly 20 aliens in his toy closet here! He really liked the Northern Sunrise sun catcher so I promised to make one for him. Will set to doing that when I get my current project done - an antique rose in the round. Have the glass cut out for that and just have a bit of grinding to do yet before wrapping it in copper foil and soldering it together. I had wanted to make the rose pink, but didn't have enough of that pretty dark and light pink glass left. So, cut the rose out of solid red instead. Something tells me I'll make another trip to the glass studio for more glass before the week is over. There are so many really cool pieces of glass there that I just can't resist picking up a couple of interesting pieces along with pieces I want for specific projects. Simon also wants an air plane and soccer ball sun catchers. He is going to keep me busy! And I have my eye on doing a desert sunrise one for myself too. I am on vacation this week but am not sure I'll get all of them done by the time I have to head back to work next Monday.

We've got snow in the forecast again for tonight...keeps me thinking about Florida - a lot! I can see myself as a snowbird some day - traveling to Florida for the winter months. Happily it IS spring (at least that's what the calendar says) and with temps in the 40's for tomorrow, the snow won't stick around very long.

No comments: