11 April 2008

What's New

Been sort of lazy days. The weather has much to do with that. It's been so cloudy and rainy over the past few days - enough to get anybody down...or at least lazy. There's even snow in the forecast for tomorrow...that's April in Wisconsin; never know what we're going to get. At any rate, it's been really nice to have had time to myself - time to renew and re-energize my spirit. Oh, there have been many work-related phone calls even though I have been off work since Tuesday. Took some of those accumulated comp days off this week. Those calls were annoying at first, but quite necessary in the long run.

I've been working on a new rectangular stained glass piece - a hummingbird and bright orange flower. Think it's turning out pretty well but it's been slow going. Managed to get five new cuts on my hands and fingers in the process...but nothing serious. I hope to finish the piece at some point tomorrow and then will add it to the picture album and slideshow. Stopped at the glass studio this morning to pick up another roll of copper foil (should have picked up more solder too so there may be yet another trip into town very soon). Ended up purchasing another pattern book too. There's a really cute bluebird in the round pattern in it that I want to make. Lots of other interesting patterns too. So there will be much to keep me occupied for quite some time. Working on these projects is definitely my sacred time.

Busy week ahead so it was a good thing to have these days off. Lots of meetings coming up but only one is an evening meeting, so that's good. The more time goes on, the less I want to be away from home in the evening. I'd much rather be here working on stained glass. But, alas, those evening meetings are part of my job... And I do seem to find pretty much time for crafting no matter how busy work can get.

No comments: