30 April 2008

Hiatus

Been a while since I've written. It's been a busy time at work and I've been a bit too tired to do any stained glass work...now, that's busy!

The first mowing of the lawn was completed today. A bit on the cold and windy side at a mere 38 degrees. But with the abundance of rain last week, the lawn was looking a little shabby. I just love the smell of freshly cut grass. And also don't mind one bit doing that chore. Gives me a good hour and a half to two hours to think about nothing in particular and to be away from hearing the phone ring. Kind of like being in another world...sacred time.

The other day it was so windy the swing set tipped over! It's been quite the spring here in northeastern Wisconsin. In fact, I just took a look at the thermometer and it reads 27 degrees! Good thing it's too early for any plants to be put into the gardens...they'd freeze tonight!

The hiatus from blog entries this past week will probably be accompanied by another several days away from writing. 12 hours from now I'll be heading to Florida to spend a few days with my friend. Am so looking forward to seeing her most of all and spending time at the beach. Seems my mind has been pulled in many different directions of late and my spirit feels so unsettled. A good dose of ocean beach is sure to clarify and refresh. The mid 80 degree weather can't hurt either!

No comments: