08 April 2008

Directions

Yet another one of those sleepless sort of nights. Seems I've become a night owl once again. Know the alarm will go off way too early for me but...I do need to get to work early.

Began another stained glass piece this evening. Think it will be a gift for my friend's birthday - the friend I will be visiting in Florida at the end of the month. We'll see how it turns out.

I have a lot of comp time accumulated, so after tomorrow I'll be intending to take the rest of the week off. There will be lots of time for crafting. But I'll also have to attend to class work. I have hinted about school - that I'm taking classes again (or yet). Seems I've been in one school or another for the past eight years. First finishing my bachelor's degree, then getting my Master's degree. And now I'm in the middle of a formation program to become a spiritual director. This is something that I had not intended to do. But over the past several years some people at work have been urging me to pursue this tract saying that they think I'd be good at it. After trying to dismiss the idea many times over without success, I decided this was something I was being called to engage in. And am I ever glad I applied and was accepted. The coursework is wonderfully enriching and engaging. The people I have met and the instructors are absolutely fantastic. And the best part is that I'm transforming in a good way. Yet another pattern emerging in the life that is Brenda.

Blessed be!

No comments: