04 April 2008

New Projects etc.

Been working on a mid sized rectangular stained glass piece. It's the first I've attempted with straight edges and it's slow going learning how to make sure those edges are even so that the framing channel fits well. So far three sides are a-okay but the fourth side is giving me problems. So I decided to let it sit for today and return to it tomorrow (besides I had two meetings to attend today - one this afternoon and one this evening - and no spare time to work on it anyway). There's no point in working on a project when frustrated because somehow the glass seems to know frustration and things just don't go well when that happens. This is a technique I will have to perfect before working on a window.

Today I got my first order to make a piece for someone. It will be a cardinal - perhaps one of a different design from the one in the slideshow. I emailed several pattern options to this person to choose from. I have my favorite but we'll see what is ultimately chosen. I also delivered Simon's "order" - the second Northern Sunrise, the soccer ball, and the red airplane.

Meanwhile, if and when I get the current piece finished, I have my eye on a few smaller sun catchers to add to my collection and/or save for the bazaar and/or give as gifts. I certainly have a wide variety of glass here to choose from for those items and a rather large assortment of new patterns to try out.

Now that I've made my flight reservations for a return trip to Florida at the end of April, I find it difficult to wait even four weeks to go. There's a sense of peacefulness and perspective I find when there that I cannot seem to find anywhere else. Perhaps it's the geographical distance, perhaps it's because it's so different than Wisconsin (weather, climate, scenery), but mostly it's being able to connect in person with my dear friend - a friend with whom I email nearly every day and sometimes more than once a day. Though we first met the summer of 2003, I feel as if I've known her for many years. I truly believe we were led by divine intervention to meet - blessed be!

No comments: