26 February 2008

Sun Catchers

I finally got around to taking pictures of the stained glass sun catchers I have made. Well, almost all of them - Simon took the sailboat one home with him on Sunday.




This is my very first class project: a hummingbird. I must say that it wasn't too difficult once I got rolling.






This butterfly was my second project done at home. Both this one and the hummingbird are put together with lead came.






Last week we learned how to do copper foil. So I just had to practice the technique at home and made this cardinal.

Too bad the sun wasn't shining brightly when I took these pictures...maybe tomorrow!




Meanwhile, I have been working on a chickadee using the copper foil technique. Tonight is the last class and I'll be finishing the teapot sun catcher I've been working on there. I'm sad to see the class end but I have enough glass here at home now to keep me occupied for a while. One day, after I figure I've practiced enough, I plan to do a real window! Wonder how long I'll have to practice...

No comments: