14 February 2008

Night time ramblings...

Today, Feb. 14th, we had yet another round of snow here in northeastern Wisconsin. The weather report stated we got 6 inches, but I am convinced I shoveled at least 10 inches off our deck this afternoon...and it kept snowing until 6:00 tonight!

But...with the snow, came a day off - a blessing in disguise! I could not get to work because the road conditions were terrible. In fact, I couldn't even see the road from our window most of the day. So...I had a day to myself to rest, to ponder, and to play. It was one of those nourishing kind of days...food for the soul. AND...it was much needed!

It's been a busy week. On Monday I began teaching a class, which amazingly both energized and drained me. Both Monday and Tuesday were very long days of work...but I'm not really complaining because it is good work with good people. Mixed in with work, in the late evening hours, I have been reading. Not just any old reading or being engrossed in some juicy novel. My reading these days is for school. Yes, after all these years, I continue to immerse myself in learning - formal education. What a gift it is...to be able to continue education in areas I feel called to AND enjoy! But there are times when I simply get tired - worn out - in need of renewal. And today, my snow day off, was just the kind of day for that renewal I really needed!

So...winter, be what you may; snow if you will. I'll take a day of rest any time!

No comments: