13 July 2009

Update

Well yes, I did have the afternoon to crochet and, yes, I did finish Amelia's sweater. I think it shaped up pretty well.
The Eastern bluebirds are very busy this afternoon getting the nest ready for the second laying of eggs in their new house. As I was watching them for a few minutes, I noticed a "strange" bird sitting on top of the clothes line crossbar. So I got out the binoculars and took a closer look. At first glance I thought it was the orchard oriole that has been frequenting the hummingbird feeder. Then I saw not one but two heads! On closer examination, they were barn swallows. Now, I had never before seen barn swallows perched...and for so long! So I got the camera and zoomed in. To my delight, the picture I snapped was of mother swallow feeding her young!

No comments: