30 July 2009

The Latest...

I'm really enjoying all this crocheting I've been doing. It fills the empty spaces of the days and evenings but more importantly it keeps me focused on something productive and something other than TV reruns. The latest project is an afghan made with a nice, soft worsted weight yarn.


We'll be off camping this weekend with Simon. I'm really looking forward to a change in scenery. The campground we will be at is celebrating "Christmas in July" this weekend. It should prove to be a weekend filled with some fun activities, should we wish to partake. There is some rain in the forecast but...it promises to be that "hit and miss" sort of thing we've been having the past couple of weeks. So...I'm hoping for more of the miss rather than the hit in the rain department - at least for the weekend. We're getting enough rain today to last us for a while.


On the job front, which has been nil since January, I was very recently offered and have accepted an invitation to work with a local retreat center. I'll be offering workshops, facilitating retreats and days of reflection, providing spiritual direction, and giving presentations. It was just THE opportunity I've been dreaming of.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, you have been busy. Hope your camping trip was fun this weekend - we thought of going this weekend but the weather forecast didn't look good, now that its Sunday evening it would have been a nice weekend - why do I even listen to the forecasts.

Brenda said...

Yeah, the forecast here wasn't all that good either but it turned out to be a beautiful weekend for camping!