12 August 2009

Moving Along...

Yesterday I wanted a change of pace so I headed out to the retreat center, where I'll be leading groups with reflections and retreats, for a few hours and for lunch. I took along the sketchy notes I wrote late one night for the class I'll be leading in September and managed to get a good working outline, timeline and the hand-outs done. Amazing what a change of scenery can do for my productivity in that area.


Then last evening, after mowing the lawn (thank you Mother Nature for the rain and the once again green and growing grass), I was back at it working on the Christmas star afghan. Today I sewed last night's motifs in place which now includes part of the left-hand border. (The sides will be straight and the top and bottom will remain zig-zagged.) More motifs will probably be made tonight. I'm liking how it's shaping up. When I have all the motifs made and sewn in place, a dark green edging will be crocheted around the whole afghan. Wonder how long it will take me to finish this project...

No comments: