09 August 2009

Keeping Busy

Yesterday I took Simon to a movie but...before picking him up I just had to stop and pick up more yarn. I had a pattern in mind and did buy the yarn for that but while I was deciding on a color, I found this Christmas Star afghan pattern (one of those free ones that they have hanging by the yarn). So...I bought the yarn for this one too! Last evening I started working on a few of the motifs and got the red star finished. Today I treated Sara to a movie - we went to see "Julie and Julia" and it was hilarious and great! Wow, that Meryl Streep is quite the versitle actress! Late this afternoon and this evening I went back at it on the afghan and got this far:



There will be another row of red stars to the right of the green ones and a border around the whole thing. The pattern says the finished product will be 45" x 72". I'm thinking this one is going to be a keeper.

No comments: